*** RAI GENERAL FEE SCHEDULE ***
1) Parking a Domain - RAI provides ‘free parking’ for its clients’ Domain Names. You, of course, must pay the annual Domain Registration fee but RAI handles the registration or transfer process on your behalf. Parking means your Domain Name has been reserved for you. No other action is taken on its behalf.
2) Pointing a Domain - You may ‘point’ a domain to resolve at another address. For instance, you could have another domain name (MYSECONDDOMAIN.COM) point to your MYDOMAIN.COM web address such that a visitor may enter either url and arrive at the same internet address. Aside from the normal annual Domain Name Registration fee, RAI charges a one-time $75 setup fee and $10 per month to ‘point’ one domain name at another. Note: pointing the Domain Name will also result in email addressed to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to go to the same mail box (assumes you have a dedicated E-Mail System, an available RAI option, see below).
3) DirtCheapSpace Domains** - You may choose to have your website reside on RAI’s DirtCheapSpace server. In this case you are renting web space from RAI. You are expected to design and maintain your own site. We provide .asp server extensions and FrontPage 2000 server extensions as well as access to the RAI statistics server and our ftp server. Fees for this service (aside from your annual domain registration fee) include a one-time $75 setup fee and a $25/month server fee*. While RAI personnel are available for assistance, we charge $85 per hour for design and/or other web assistance for DirtCheapSpace domains. No website design is included in this package.
* Existing RAI clients may pay for these services on a quarterly basis, new clients are billed annually and up front $300 for the monthly server fee and the one-time start-up fee.
4) RAI Business Pro Domains - You may choose to have your website reside on one of RAI’s Business Pro servers. These servers are high performance NT servers running Cold Fusion application services. Each website is normally custom designed by RAI personnel and is highly interactive. Many of these sites are designed by RAI to allow clients to maintain substantial portions of their Business Pro Domain via the web without the need for special tools or knowledge of html. You decide what you want to maintain, we build in that capability for you. All Business Pro accounts come with a complete Statistics Server (see http://www.eastcarolina.net/stats for a complete system review).
Aside from the normal annual Domain Registration Fee, there is a one-time $525 setup fee, a minimum monthly server fee of $100/month (payable quarterly) and a development fee of $85 per hour. Time estimates are normally provided on a project-by -project basis. Time plans are developed as requested to add increasing site capabilities over time.
Additional fees can apply if you choose to purchase and install one of RAI’s pre-designed application modules. Examples of these pre-designed applications include Data Collection Systems, On-line Auctions Software, Electronic Commerce Software, Real Estate Reservations Software (Pro and Lite versions), Polling Software, Calendar of Events Systems, Marina Systems, PostCard Systems, JobBank Software, File Upload Modules, etc.
Business Pro accounts include 2 FREE e-mail POP accounts (names subject to availability). Additional POPs are $5/account/month.
** RAI Business Pro Domains also having an NCOB Sponsorship receive a $15/month credit toward their NCOB sponsorship. One NCOB credit shall apply per client.
5) RAI Business Pro E-Mail Systems - You may choose to have your own professional grade e-mail system. These systems reside on RAI dedicated e-mail servers and allow you to administer your own e-mail system via a web-based interface. The system allows you to setup, modify and delete e-mail accounts and setup, modify and delete list servers. Users can take advantage of web messaging (collect and send email from any computer connected to the internet), vacation messaging (deliver a vacation message when you are out of the office), mail forwarding (forward mail to another account), read, send and delete email messages. Finally, the system will allow mail addressed to any of your other active domains to be automatically sent (forwarded) to your primary e-mail account.
There is a one-time $525 setup fee and a monthly server fee of $50/month (payable quarterly), which covers the installation and maintenance of the Business Pro E-Mail System.
6) NCOB Sponsorships - The North Carolina’s Outer Banks Internet Initiative (http://www.outer-banks.com)
NCOB Sponsors receive a single page within NCOB where they may display their logo, photos and text for their businesses (approximately 11" X 14" of space). They are listed (and linked) under our directories of Sponsors (by business category), the "Who's Who on North Carolina's Outer Banks" section, the Outer Banks Shopping Village and they receive LINKs from the Direct Links section to their www site. We in effect become a "gateway" for most of our Sponsor's www pages. Sponsors are included on the NCOB inquiry distribution list to automatically receive inquiries via email (appropriate category).
Prices for a basic Sponsorship are inexpensive:
1) $200 set-up fee
2) $95/month - one-year agreement
3) monthly text changes without charge
4) graphic changes - billed at our normal Sponsor rate of $85/hour
NCOB Options include:
1) Upgrade to NCOB SuperSite status (required for additional services like custom designed data systems or additional pages within NCOB. Includes SuperSite icon for easier sponsor identification in NCOB lists) - add $25 per month + $85 per hour for additions
2) ARF - automated inquiry responses - add $50 per month + $25 setup fee (Available for NCOB SuperSites Only)
3) Customized Data Systems
4) Electronic Commerce Options
5) On-line Auction Options
6) Customized Forms allowing visitors to request specialized information from you
7) Rent Direct sponsorships - for cottage owners wishing to rent directly to the public
8) Multiple RentDirect sponsorships for Property Management Companies – Cottage Rental Companies can offer the RentDirect Experience on NCOB to their property owners at special rates, thus providing outside advertising to their owners on the Outer Banks’ internet site with over 10,000 cottage rental inquiries each year. (NCOB SuperSite status required of the Property Management Company)
9) Multiple Rent Direct sponsorships – for Outer Banks business owners wishing to rent employee housing in off-season
10) Small Business sponsorships - for the very small business
11) NENC sponsorships (Northeastern North Carolina, http://www.northeast-nc.com)
NCOB Applicants must complete and return the NCOB Registration Form, the NCOB Subscription Agreement and the RAI Acceptable Use Agreement along with their initial payment. You may print the three forms from the links provided. An invoice will be issued by RAI for the amount of the initial payment. Please call us at (252) 332-2235 to discuss your specific requirements and to receive a quotation. All contracts are subject to RAI review and approval prior to acceptance.
Prices and descriptions presented herein are subject to change without notice by RAI. Written estimates are provided upon request. Invoices are submitted quarterly. Your initial invoice will include the first quarter's file server fees, initial setup fees, 20% of your development time estimate (billed at $85 per hour) and appropriate options, if any. All contracts are subject to RAI review and approval prior to acceptance. Acceptance of RAI's Acceptable Use Policy is required.
Subscriber agrees that Ruffin Associates, Inc. shall not be liable for loss of service or other outage, damage to data, software or equipment, or any other loss, damage, expense or inconvenience. Subscriber further agrees that under no circumstances shall Ruffin Associates be liable for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages and Subscriber waives all claims against Ruffin Associates, Inc. whether in contract, tort or strict liability, for damages, losses, or injuries in connection with or arising out of this or any other Agreement.